Admissions Coordinator (Overnight)Boca Raton, FL
The Treatment Helpline is a national network of addiction recovery providers, offering highly effective evidence-based clinical interventions and treatment programs. We provide behavioral health solutions for adult men and women suffering with substance use disorders, process addictions such as eating disorders, sex addiction and gambling disorder, as well as co-occurring mental health disorders. Our licensed residential and outpatient treatment facilities are located in California, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Oregon, Texas and South Carolina. The Treatment Helpline is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL.
General Purpose of Position:
The Admissions Coordinator assists potential clients and concerned persons seeking inpatient treatment for substance use disorders, problem gambling and eating disorders to find a facility that is the best for their needs and personal resources.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Answering phone calls from potential clients and concerned persons who are seeking help with substance use disorders, problem gambling and eating disorders.
- Answering and conducting "live chats" on-line with potential internet clients and concerned persons who are seeking help with substance use disorders, problem gambling and eating disorders.
- Qualifying callers requesting assistance per established guidelines based on incoming call types.
- Once a client is qualified, obtaining and documenting Intake Information.
- Conducting and documenting a Clinical Assessment.
- Building rapport with clients and concerned persons; creating personal connection with callers, instilling hope for recovery by sharing personal stories as appropriate to support client motivation for treatment, sharing successful outcomes for clients as a result of their admission to one of The Treatment Helpline facilities.
- Peer--level motivational enhancement counseling to support the "positive side" of client's and concerned people mixed feeling about committing to recovery and a treatment experience.
- Clarifying any facility features and special client needs or requests for amenities (i.e., phone or internet access, use of service animals, handicapped access, massage, etc.).
- Describing the features and benefits of one of The Treatment Helpline facilities once a treatment and financial "match" has been made.
- Securing the client's commitment to admission once a treatment and financial "match" has been made
- Instructing the client on managing payment.
- Booking on-line travel and coordinating travel plans.
- Conducting independent daily follow-up on all open cases.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- High School graduate (or equivalent).
- Minimum of six months experience doing call center or treatment center work.
- Ability to speak and write grammatically correct English.
- Basic Computer Skills -- Microsoft Outlook Email, Excel and Word,
- Ability to book online travel reliably and accurately.
- Good interpersonal Skills and Customer Service Experience.
- Interviewing skills -- ability to ask questions and pursue/direct responses through to their logical conclusion, using verbal prompts & cues.
- Patience and persistence in seeking information from people who are upset or under the influence of mood changing chemicals.
- Reliability (ability to keep commitments), punctuality.
- Ability to function as member of a team and work cooperatively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to take initiative and manage personal workload.
- Basic understanding of Substance Use Disorders and related family concerns preferred.
- Medical & Psychiatric Terminology preferred.